Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NirMeleth - Das Eckenforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Friday, 1. October 2004, 13:54

Gerücht: Lucas Arts übernimmt SWG

I know I should not be greasing the gossip wheels after all Rumor is a nasty beast that leads Past The swamps of heresay, through the forest of tittle-tattle to the Dark Castle of Speculation, and pretty soon your in the Lost Dungeons of assumption blindly flailing about for the lost chalice of Scandal......err anyway.

Okay I have a good acquaintance that is a semi-regular contributor to the Force.Net, and has even had a couple articles in Star Wars gamer, and Star Wars Insider. He told me this evening that He has it on good authority that SOE and Lucasarts are about to end their relationship. He said that the New SWG and JTLS sites on LA's homepage are the first hint of this, Apparently Lucasarts is less than happy with SOE, because SOE has drifted too far from Raph Kosters original Vision of SWG and wants to go solo. (No Not Han silly) SOE from what I have heard is more than willing to say adios because Lucasarts has been less than willing to let them Drive so to speak. (Which I think is insane because Lucasarts has basically been there in name only since Beta) and SOE

But wait there’s more... He said that The day after JTLS is Live they will announce Expansion pack II, and Thank SOE for all of there hard work, and announce that the Game is going to be handled form hence forth by Lucasarts, they will give a schedule about Billing changes, and server Migration, and that will probably include some server consolidation.

Okay is it real or fantasy…at this point who knows, I have as have many other fans heard that at Some Point Lucasarts will go solo with SWG, it is no small secret that they are considering another MMORPG, and a Premium game service, and I have to say that my friend is not given to flights of fancy (Except for that long weekend in Dublin with the Tibetan Contortionist, and her Twin sister ) Personally I think that while the timeline is a bit suspect the over all story has some foundation. How do you think this would effect the game?

Raph Koster originally wanted RPG to actually mean something in SWG, in fact his “Vision” was a computerized version of the SW Role Playing game with no Player Character Jedi. It has been said that George Lucas is not happy with the product, and that at first he was very excited about the potential of the game. True or not the whole concept is interesting to say the least. I must admit I do not know what SWG would be like without SOE. But it looks like we may be finding out.

There is also a job posting on the Lucasarts site for a new Senior Director for SWG. It may be something to keep an eye on.

Quelle http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board…ssage.id=585927

gibt es doch noch Hoffnung für SWG 8o 8o :))

Mimei

survived everything

• »Mimei« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 31. March 2004

Spiel: TESO

Charakter: Mimei BeRith

• Nachricht senden

Friday, 1. October 2004, 15:28

Ich hab mir eben die Diskussion im deutschen Forum verfolgt... da bleibt mir nur, mich der Hoffnung anzuschließen.
Even if it's easy to be free
What's your definition of freedom?
And who the fuck are you, anyway?
Who the fuck are they?
Who the fuck am I to say?
What the fuck is really going on?

Friday, 1. October 2004, 17:15

RE: Gerücht: Lucas Arts übernimmt SWG

Zitat

Original von [NiM]Thogar

Raph Koster originally wanted RPG to actually mean something in SWG, in fact his “Vision” was a computerized version of the SW Role Playing game with no Player Character Jedi.

ein traum...aber nicht mehr umsetzbar....die roxxor würden die server verlassen das zahlen einstellen...und auch wenn GL nicht grade arm ist, ich denke das profit auch bei lucas arts über stilistische richtigkeit geht...leider.

Angaeda

unregistriert

Friday, 1. October 2004, 22:37

hm bin mal gespannt wie sich das entwickelt

Adha Ilcava

unregistriert

Saturday, 2. October 2004, 20:27

Hoffe nur, dass er sich da nicht übernimmt. Mit seinen Teddybären Filmen damals hat er sich auch ganz schön am zahlenden Publikum vorbeikalkuliert. Also hoffen wir mal schön:kaffee:

Chimeras

unregistriert

Sunday, 3. October 2004, 10:21

Ich trau das George Lucas schon zu, die Frage ist ob er die alleinige Entscheidungsgewalt darüber hat.

Am zahlenden Publikum vorbeikalkuliert?

Chimeras

P.S. Guguck Adha ,)